Sunday, October 5, 2008

I can't believe I'm tuning in!

I'm not a big fan of "Saturday Night Live". Yes, I've certainly seen it off and on during its long and successful history, and I've had some genuine laughs, but for the most part, SNL just isn't my kind of humor. However, I caught Tina Fey as Sarah Palin in the season opener and thought she was hysterical. It's a prized bit, and SNL is going to milk Fey's resemblance for all its worth. Fey might as well resign herself to the fact that she's doing double duty for a while. She's just too good as Palin to pass up. Should McCain/Palin actually win, I almost feel sorry for Fey. SNL will want her every week.

What amazes me, though, is that this Saturday, I actually used my TV reminder to ensure that I didn't forget SNL was on. I figured the debate was natural fodder: Fey had to be on, and it would certainly be the opener. I was right. Still, it's a little weird for me to do a reminder for SNL. I actually shook my head when the reminder popped up on the TV screen.

I've read that the ratings are up. I'm not surprised. Of course, I turned it off after the opening skit. I saw what I came for and then it was on to other things!

I'm trying to figure out the best way to offer my celebrity clippings for sale. I've done this on eBay for years, but with their new rules, it's just making it impossible. They've abandoned the little guys who made them a success and are now concentrating on businesses. I'm not a business, and now I'm in a bind. Other auction sites just don't have the traffic. What a quandry to be in.

My poor Jeffy! Jeff Gordon was running fairly well during the Taladega race today when his car became the victim of another racer's blown tire. This just isn't Jeff's year. The only good thing about today is that he was on Wind Tunnel with Dave Despain, and that was a hoot. Jeff always makes for a good guest. He's not out of the Chase yet, but he'll need a lot of help to win.

Back to the VP debate, I have to say this. It was my strongest reaction of the entire sparring round. When Sarah Palin called her family middle class, I about had a cow. Excuse me? I don't know of a governor who is middle class. The Palins' tax returns would verify I'm right. I just couldn't believe it when I heard it. I wish I were her kind of middle class!

Have a great week, Everyone! Don't forget to vote for my reviews on Review Stream!


No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d8b8d429def7f73159bf8d1463df9f60 ss_blog_claim=d8b8d429def7f73159bf8d1463df9f60