Friday, May 22, 2009

Odds and Ends

I wanted to wish everyone a happy Memorial Day weekend. Here's to those who have kept this country safe in the decades past and those who continue to do so on a daily basis. We're proud, and we're grateful!

Nigel Lythgoe took a big hit on the opening of So You Think You Can Dance. GLAAD didn't like his response to two male dancers who danced together. It didn't bother me, and I don't think there's a flap here. These two guys are not a same-sex couple. One is homosexual, the other is straight. They just haven't been able to find female partners that suited them, so they danced together. Frankly, they weren't all that good. Nigel was a bit surprised by the two, but he still critiqued them fairly. I just think that the flack GLAAD is causing isn't the type that helps its cause. He wasn't being hateful; he was just reacting.

Sometimes I think we create our own problems. Is being politically correct the only way to be? Do you want someone to express their true reaction, or lie? This country is diverse. It's not about everyone believing the same way, it's about everyone having the same rights. Those two men were allowed to dance together and be critiqued together. That was their right. I guarantee you that had they been good, they'd have gone forward in the competition. Lythgoe doesn't have to lie about his reaction; he just has to be fair in his judgments for the show, and he was. Again, had he said something hateful or brash, that would be different, but he didn't. So, in my opinion, GLAAD is just pushing people away, not bringing us together.

Has anyone tried the new Pepsi Throwback? I'm just curious what folks think about it. I'm still undecided about it myself.

Link of the day: Small Business Loans


No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d8b8d429def7f73159bf8d1463df9f60 ss_blog_claim=d8b8d429def7f73159bf8d1463df9f60