Thursday, May 14, 2009

Exploring the Rockies

One of the things I really love to do is travel. I haven't been able to do much of that these days, but I still have a list of favorite places to return to and other places that I haven't visited before that I'd love to see. One of these places is Banff. It is so beautifully picturesque. I look at the mountains and yearn to return to them again. When I was in college, I went for long rides through the mountains. Being in the clean air, surrounded by beauty and wide-open spaces, was a serene and refreshing feeling.

Visiting Banff has to be an exhilarating experience. Today as I was losing myself by looking at photos and its webcam, I was particularly attracted to the Columbia Icefields. It's located right on the boundary of the Banff, between it and the Jasper National Park. This area is so massive that it feeds eight glaciers.

There's a tour there called the Columbia Icefield Glacier Experience that is calling my name big time. It reminds me of an Alaskan excursion I went on once. Here, you actually get to go on one of the glaciers. Now that excites me.

I'm off to go review the Banff site some more. In this summer heat we're having, it's cooling me off just to look at the webcam images.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d8b8d429def7f73159bf8d1463df9f60 ss_blog_claim=d8b8d429def7f73159bf8d1463df9f60