Thursday, May 14, 2009

Some News of the Day

I read an article on Farrah Fawcett today. Her special airs tomorrow night on NBC, and I think it's going to be very poignant and touching. I also think it's going to be hard to watch. A lot of folks are referring to the show as an auto-obituary. In a way, I guess it is. I have to continue to applaud Farrah's strength. She's definitely getting the last laugh with the tabloids, and I'm glad about that. From the sound of it, they aren't going to be able tell much more than what she is telling tomorrow night.

At the same time, I'm just very touched by how Ryan O'Neal continues to be at her side. Now, I'm not a fan of Ryan's, and I don't like how he came between Farrah and Lee Majors decades ago. I believe it was very disloyal. That said, they are a volatile couple who really do seem to have some deep, deep feelings. He's taking care of her just how she took care of him years back. That's how love should be.

I also read today that Jay Leno is having as his final guest -- Conan O'Brien. Give me a commercial break. Some are calling it very sportsmanlike. I think it's ridiculous. I don't know about the rest of America, but I'm not watching Leno at 10pm next season, anymore than I'm watching Conan in what was once a proud spot on the NBC schedule.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d8b8d429def7f73159bf8d1463df9f60 ss_blog_claim=d8b8d429def7f73159bf8d1463df9f60