Thursday, October 15, 2009

Shame on Maria Shriver

I'm really very disappointed in California's first lady, Maria Shriver. She's not just the governor's wife, but she's a Kennedy, and there is inherent responsibility there to be a positive example. Maybe it's wrong, but that's just the truth of the matter.

This week, TMZ caught Maria driving while talking on her cell phone, which is illegal in California. Her response was an ultra brief apology along with some line about giving her phone to a women's charity. I was shocked. I don't feel any remorse or even responsibility coming from her.

My respect level for Maria went from a 10 (seriously, I've had a very positive image of her until this incident) to about a 5. She broke the law, and she needs to be upfront about that and say more than a 10-second apology and some dribble about giving her phone away.

Maria, I thought you were better than this.


No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d8b8d429def7f73159bf8d1463df9f60 ss_blog_claim=d8b8d429def7f73159bf8d1463df9f60