Saturday, July 5, 2008

Crazy Dog and Dang it, I thought he was gonna win!

I just have to share what my little one, Tessa, did last night. Yesterday, I moved the dog crate. It's always been by the window, but it makes it very difficult to get between my bed and a bookshelf because the large crate sticks out so far. I also wanted to give this room the appearance of more space.

So, after doing some rearranging, I put the crate up against two other pieces of furniture. It's relatively in the middle of a large room now, and it's directly to my right when I'm at the computer, so they actually have a better view of me all the time, which they like.

The hard part, though, was doing a bit of re-training. Both Tessa and her older sister, Cassie, had to sniff around where the crate had been and then where it is now, investigating to make sure it's still their home.

Here's the funny part. When I need them to go inside, I just say, "Crate," and they know exactly what I mean. Well, we've had to deal with them going to where the crate used to be. So, very late last night, with the lights out, I'm trying to get settled and the dogs are acting up a little. I call out, "Crate!"

Cassie immediately goes inside the crate, but Tessa goes over where the crate used to be. I call out, "Tessa, crate!" sternly. Well, the next thing I know, she's sitting as polite as can be, right in the middle of the space where the crate used to be.

I couldn't help it. I laughed. She's associating the word with a place, rather than with a thing.

Training to be continued. :}

Then there was the NASCAR race this evening. OH, man. I really thought Jeff (as in Gordon, driver of the #24) was gonna win it. He was in command and then made a bad choice, as he calls it, to go to the outside lane instead of staying on the bottom. A caution later, with just laps to go, he's #2 to Kyle 'bad boy' Busch, and what happens? My #2 favorite driver, Carl Edwards, gets into Jeff's rear and the 24 car goes for a spin. One lap to go. Dang, I just hate it when that happens.

I don't even know where they put him in the finals -- down at 30th or something. He held his place in the top 12, though, so it's not a total loss, but geez. It was his turn to win. I just knew it.

Dang it!

Oh well -- onto the next race, and tomorrow! By the way, added two more articles on my Helium page, so be sure to check those out!

Have a good one!

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d8b8d429def7f73159bf8d1463df9f60 ss_blog_claim=d8b8d429def7f73159bf8d1463df9f60