Monday, November 8, 2010

Dermatitis Update

My contact dermatitis is better, but still there. I can't describe to everyone just how nasty this has been. My right hand especially has been effected. It ballooned so much. I was so scared I went to urgent care, even though I don't have any health insurance. Fortunately, the medication has taken the swelling down significantly.

For a while, I couldn't even type. The hand is still bigger, but I can make a fist again and type much easier than for the last couple of weeks. It's still a bit red. I actually called the facility today to check with them about it. They say it's normal and to keep monitoring, so as long as it's getting better, that's good. If it doesn't get back to normal in another week or so, I may have to go back.

Insurance is such a hot topic again now, especially after the recent elections. I'm not sure anyone knows what will happen.

Of course, along with health insurance, we have auto, home, life, boat, umbrellas ... wow, the list goes on. Every where we turn there is a place to check out.

I used to work in insurance so I know all about the peace of mind that comes with it and the reasons for having it. Still, sometimes it isn't easy to get and even if you can, there's a price tag.

That's it for this post. Keep on the look out for more. I'm in a typing mood after having been contained for a couple of weeks with that swollen hand!

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d8b8d429def7f73159bf8d1463df9f60 ss_blog_claim=d8b8d429def7f73159bf8d1463df9f60