Monday, November 8, 2010

Question about Window Coverings

I'm really curious about something and I haven't had time to research it, so maybe someone knows the answer. For years, I've been dealing with a super hot portion of my house. Most of my readers know about the turmoil that has presented. Well, slowly, I've done things to help it get to a tolerable level. Actually, this summer I purchased a whole house fan and that thing is terrific!

Still, I know there is more I can do, but my question is about shutters and other window coverings. I know that shutters and blinds etc. are made to keep out light. The room darkening ones help keep the sun's rays out, but are any of these made to repel the heat at all? I'm just curious if there is something out there that I could put up that might make my situation even better.

Summer is over, of course, but it'll be back soon enough, so it's never a wrong time to think about this.

If anyone knows the answer, please let me know.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d8b8d429def7f73159bf8d1463df9f60 ss_blog_claim=d8b8d429def7f73159bf8d1463df9f60