Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Parting is Difficult

Earlier today, I notified a couple of the Yahoo groups that I own, particularly my Patrick Swayze group and my fan fic group, that because of my desperate financial status, I'm making the very difficult decision to sell some of my much loved and coveted Swayze collection. With some minor editing to be appropriate for this blog, I'm posting that email here. If you are a Swayze fan and interested, please notify me.

Well, I'm just about there.  The well is about to be dry, and I'm scared too death.  So, as much as I don't want to, I'm at a point where I have to.  I'm going to have to try and sell part of my Patrick collection.  I haven't been getting much sleep, and the stress is just making me sick as can be, so I don't know what else to do.

I thought I'd start with the posters. I know there was some interest in the past, but then again, I have a hunch that those folks bought everything they wanted off of eBay. I wanted to make sure first that there was some interest, especially since it's not easy to get around and open them up. I need to know if anyone is genuinely interested in buying some of these within the next two or three weeks.

This isn't going to be a cheapie sale. I'm not doing this to get them off of my hands; I'm doing this with a sad heart because if I don't, I can't pay the bills at the end of the month and in June. I paid a lot of money for these back in the day when I had money, and getting a few bucks isn't going to help me, either. I anticipate them being in the $15 range, minimum (some could be higher). Honestly, I don't even know if that's considered outlandishly expensive these days or not because I haven't shopped for anything in the last several years since my financial situation turned south.

I may also part with some of my 8x10's. These would be a $5 minimum because, again, that's what I paid for them, and some *much* more, back in the day. It wouldn't make any sense for me to sell 10 pictures for $10. $10 won't help me. Selling 10 at $5 is $50 and that's the water bill, so it helps.

So -- do let me know if you're interested in posters, and/or in the photos, keeping in mind the minimum prices I've mentioned and that this would be happening very fast. I don't have time now to wait and do this in August. The disability still hasn't come through, and I'm just out of money with bills staring me in the face. I have to do something or just let the worst happen. So, we're talking making payment now instead of later.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d8b8d429def7f73159bf8d1463df9f60 ss_blog_claim=d8b8d429def7f73159bf8d1463df9f60