Monday, March 22, 2010

Software, from Workflow to Website

I mentioned in my last post that I'm finally using an up to date computer, which also means I've been very busy setting up the computer. There's been a lot of hours dedicated to finding replacement software for programs that worked on Win98, but are no longer compatible with the new operating system. It's really a long process as those who have gone through this know.

When you're in this position, you look for solutions like website software. It all depends on what you need, and how your computer will be used, whether it's for personal or business use, or maybe even a combination of the two.

There are lots of choices out there. The main thing is to make sure you have a good virus program already up and running as well as an excellent spyware and adware system. Also, be very careful when installing. If you don't do custom or just fly through the installation, you're liable to find yourself with a number of unwanted programs.

I'm still setting up my computer and trying to find things that work. I desperately need a good composer program, something like Netscape's old composer. I've found a few things, but they aren't as reliable or easy to use as that composer was.

Good luck to all of us in our hunt for software that works.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d8b8d429def7f73159bf8d1463df9f60 ss_blog_claim=d8b8d429def7f73159bf8d1463df9f60