Monday, March 22, 2010

Springtime Survey

With the arrival of Spring and summertime just around the corner, it's time to take a look at things outside the home and make sure everything is up to snuff, so to speak.

I just put out four solar lights. I've had them for years, still in their original box. Amazingly, they work, to an extent. I probably should get new batteries for them since it's been years that I actually purchased these. They charge, but the lights only stay on for a few hours and not all night.

It's about time to take the cover off the patio bench that I've been protecting from the rains. I'm not sure I want to do it just yet. Besides, I actually need to get a pad for the bench. Any ideas of a place to get good but inexpensive bench pads? I can't afford much.

Another part of the yard that needs attention is the fence. Fortunately, it's not too bad. I noticed a couple of boards that need a hammering to keep them secure. The good news is I don't need major repairs or a new one. If I did, I'd have to start researching companies. I'm not actually up on what wood is best. We use to have redwood that was colorful; now it's just brown boards. There's probably something better.

I'm glad Spring is here. I just hope it doesn't heat up too much this summer. My house tends to overheat during the summertime.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d8b8d429def7f73159bf8d1463df9f60 ss_blog_claim=d8b8d429def7f73159bf8d1463df9f60